FINNA KAN GAMA : The very small dot on Borana and Ethiopian Empire from Haile Sillase I to Abiy Ahmed
By: Jatani Bonaya.
– Every men are fighting for their right! It is natural law, no doubt!
– The marginalized people my people fight for their right and defend their land of our ancestors for many centuries and also todays.
– Ethiopian government from the very beginning marginalized Borana people, bc the Ethiopian govt know that they are naturally brilliant and kind people. So bc of their malignant, purposely they wear the hot political blanket to this destitute people.
– During the King Hailey Sillassea I , they ask the children required to join modern school in the name of ” Ijoollee bulguu Kennan” ; which is the witness for what am talking means marginalization of Borana by Ethiopian Empire. But, by hearing this name who sent their children to school? No one! So at the first and second round no one of Borana sent their children to school.
– At the 3rd round they ask the children sending to modern school as the taxes; then those whom have a cattle, by giving 2-5 bulls to taxes collector’s and find loophole to stay their children @home. And then, unfortunately those whom have no such opportunity sent their children to school. …that’s how 1939 and 1944 the fifty four (54) of Borana Ethiopia (Liban and Dirre Province) children got the chance to join modern school. Even though they became the figa of Finna kan Gama later.
During the Durgue regime Borana was the top in the some high sectors of the regime as those members of 54 students play the great role in the position they got. Eg Shalaqaa Jatani Ali Tandhu, Godana Tune, Jarso Sora (the Abebe Biqila trainer), Sara Jarso, Leut.kol Salesaa Jalo,..and others .
– After the fall of Durge, later so called ” the day hyena by PP” Woyane come to the Empire. As they conquered the Ethiopian Empire, as soon as they defeated the Durgue regime, the grounded plan was to destruct and destroy this Nobel people “Borana/Oromo”. Bc they know that’s they never succeeded over the Oromia until they consume utterly the Borana people.
– After going far in the people, TPLF become lucky to cut the sociocultural unit net of Borana. Then they killed 1st&most patriotic Borana leader Major Jatani Ali Tandhu, they killed Aba Gadaa Boru Guyo @the first and asserted to use Aba Gada Boru Madha to conquer Borana , then they killed him too after they got unbelievable Gutu Aba Liban confidential way of life. (NB: they sent soundless bullet to Abbaa Gadaa Boru Madha, that’s no one never thought and no idea even today), purposely they are using that bullet still now, specially @the rural area. Totally, the assassination of Aba Gad Boru Guyo and Major Jatani Ali dumbed Borana.
Recently, in 2017 and around beginning of 2018 there was the atrocious massacre at Moyale, Sodda, Dira Dima, Mata Wayama, etc and everywhere at Dheda Liban of Guji Zone. Eg. March 10,2017 above ten innocents were killed and many injured in Moyale at the mid day by EAF ruled by TPLF.
In other way, as the TPLF rooted as the leader of Ethiopian Empire; the Somali start again to grab Borana/Oromo land as they believe in their Lord Woyane. Then, the mass land of Oromo/Borana occupied. But, the Borana people never rest to defend. Even up to the moment Borana defending the enemy to save Oromo and Oromia. Borana people are the castle to Oromia. But, Neither FDRE nor Oromia Regional State have no mind about the Borana whom bleeding for Oromia and Ethiopia. I ve no idea why ORS never feel about the Oromia boarder along Eastern and southern part.
For example, the No-1 pic below show numbers of the Borana students those come to their home from different colleges and Universities during vacations. As they return to the home @Summer for vacation or after graduation, they have the duty to shift their fathers and brothers those whom were @guardian for ten months/ over the year. Similarly pic-2 shows the Borana students peacelful demonstration against land grabbing and border attack by EAF and LP of SRS.
Be Noted that; after the graduation other students in d/t part of the country’s may stay @city in order to search for the job opportunity. But, Borana students are not lucky for such chance as they are on field or battle to safe life of our community. …..etc. Always my people hopefully wait for to FINNA KAN GAMA, but unluckily, every Finna seems similar.
When OPDO take power over TPLF by Qeerroo-Qarree and wide Oromo nation struggle , the Borana people Slaphappy as much as all Oromo nation and celebrated hotly as they were hopefully waiting for to the ” Finna kan Gama (the administration after this/means after TPLF during that’s time)”. But, the result real inverse and they continue to hoping again Finna kan Gama! …..is that Finna nearer?
The new established Ethiopian government ” the first transition one” led by Oromo son called Abiy Ahmed Ali (PhD) failed to understand that’s our people Borana/Oromo waiting and hoping for Finna kan Gama. Even the PM failed to lead them as equal as any nations of the country. I think so that, the ruling part recently named PP forget their role as government on how to curb with insecurity issues if any, in some part of the country. They start to take again the ff measurement instead of enjoying “Finna Kana” peacefully .
*******1. PP bans the motorcycles and block internet – they said it was a very simple punishment. As mostly used vehicle ( Motorbikes ) in southern Oromia (Borana and Guji), it results economic decline as these vehicles were the income sources of the mass youths and core transport of the rural areas, these was the least impact .
******2. PP/ODP renewed the genocide act as of EPRDF. Again the bloodbath by E/Empire continued and Borana bleeding again by EAF.
Horrific bloodshed history repeats itself in Western and southern Oromia, by usual mass murder film on civilians by EAF continue playing Carnage Theater. Many live lose!
Eg. – @Miyo District Bride and groom were killed with bridal suit and others.
– @Moyale they finalized the pre-plan of TPLF and killed Borana Key elders
– @Duda Dawa of West Guji zone they did the same
– @Many PA ward the burned house were unccouted
– @Dheeda Liban again the did the same and still doing. …etc. Let U continued the rest and I took u to the present situation of COVID-19 pandemic prevention and testing center establishment.
As Borana/southern Oromia bordered with neighboring country, Borana people asked the government to establish the COVID-19 TESTING CENTER at the twin city of Moyale , Borana , Ethiopia. But, the gov’t too late to give the attention and again still I ve no idea abt the the response. People are screaming, But no ears to listened. I’m not more surprised of the Ethiopian Empire ruling party Biltiginna silence, bc it is not new for us. We Borana/Oromo experienced a lot whether E/E ve idea about our people. Therefore, again am hopeful pray the Almighty to save life of our people from this pandemic virus so called COVID-19 and jumping as to an other Finna kan Gama!
I hope that “Finna kan Gama” will be the Finna of Hope, Libration, Love, Joy and Prosperity.
For the PDF format: Brutal killing and its irrevrsible heartbeaking
(A4O, 8 May 2019, Press Release) We have confirmed that Benshangul Gumuz civilians are increasingly targeted and executed by the highly armed and well-trained Amhara militia. They were trained, radicalized and fully armed with modern machine guns by a National Movement for Amhara (NAMA).
According to the eye witnesses, over 500 Shinasha people in Benshangul-Gumuz Region, Jawi Woreda, were suddenly executed; tens of thousands of civilians were also made to flee their own villages for their lives between May 1 and 2, 2019. The main victims were civilians including children, women and elderly. Homes were also torched in that outbreak of violence.
We have also observed that the civilians are getting killed for no apparent reasons by a highly armed Amhara regional special force in Benshangul Gumuz regional state. This armed group is not only targeting solely indigenous and legitimate owners of the land; but also, hundreds of children and elderly are getting summarily executed for a simple reason of being different from their killers in the aspect of their culture, skin colour and political beliefs.
The Ethiopian Government neither condemn the killings of civilians nor asked for apology for failing to safeguard them. Although some authorities claim the restoration of the order, this is far from the truth as the Government hasn’t so far take any justifiable action against the killers and forces behind these tragic executions.
Recently, the Amhara Special force further threatened the Oromo people in relation to the ownership claims of Finfinnee (Addis Ababa). These group further vowed to repeat their success in Benshangul in Wallo and other parts of Amhara-Oromia borders.
In 2003, for instance, between 430 and 500 unarmed civilians were massacred by those who colonised their land for a simple reason of silencing them whilst expropriating their resources and land in Gambella region. The same massacre is now unfolding in Shaka zone on a Shakacho people by the same highlanders. Tens of thousands of Oromo, Ogaden Somali and Sidama civilians were executed in the last 27 years alone.
Call of Action
Advocacy for Oromia, a non-profit advocacy organisation working to ensure that the people’s rights and wishes are respected, has deeply admired much of the work done by both regional and federal government to restore peace and stability in the region.
In fact, political differences may divide some of the regional states in the country. But upholding human rights is in the interest of every state. Peoples of these regions also seek a common agenda: rights, peace, security, justice, freedom, and sustainable development.
We firmly believe that human rights are a powerful medicine, which heals wounds and develops resilience. Thus, we show our consistent and unrestricted solidarity until justice is served on their behalf by bringing those who have killed and maimed their sons and daughters to an independent justice.
Advocacy for Oromia, therefore, unanimously condemn with the strongest possible terms such barbaric actions toward the unarmed civilians, children, women and elderly of Benshangul Gumuz.
1. We urge the Amhara’s regional state to exercise utmost restraint and lawfully handle its anarchically behaving special forces that has been primarily trained to maintain law and order. There won’t be any peace and security as long as some groups are fighting to dominate and dehumanise fellow mankind.
2. We demand the federal government to immediately intervene and stop the on-going execution of powerless civilians whose lives are put at the mercy of their barbaric assailants.
3. We urge the federal government to immediately investigate and bring those responsible for such horrific and inhumane actions to civilians to justice.
4. We advise the international human rights group and western countries politicians to earnestly bring this unsettling massacre of civilians to the attentions of obliviously sleeping Ethiopian authorities by urging them to take meaningful and corrective measures as a matter of urgency.
5. We call up on all Ethiopian peoples to unconditionally condemn such barbarism and demand the Amhara regional state to stop its inhumane actions to the unarmed civilians.
We will always continuously work for and speaks up for the voiceless people.
Press Release by Advocacy for Oromia,
May 8, 2019.
For PDF format:Press Release 8 May 2019