Advocacy for Oromia Association in Victoria Australia Inc. is a non-profit organisation registered under the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 in Victoria as April 2014. The organization is devoted to standing for people who are disadvantaged, and speaking out on their behalf in a way that represents the best interests of them. We deliver free, independent and non-judgmental services to support and assist disadvantaged individuals and families who are seeking resolutions to any issues that are of concern to them, by ensuring that their voice is heard and that they understand their civil and human rights.
The aim of Advocacy for Oromia-A4O is to advocate for the people’s causes to bring about beneficial outcomes in which the people able to resolve to their issues and concerns to control over their lives. Advocacy for Oromia may provide information and advice in order to assist people to take action to resolve their own concerns. It is engaged in promoting and advancing causes of disadvantaged people to ensure that their voice is heard and responded to. The organisation also committed to assist the integration of people with refugee background in the Australian society through the provision of culturally-sensitive services.
Advocacy for Oromia also provides various web-based information, cultural, social and community services. The organisation website provides information focus on the major issues facing us in the 21st century and it is going to try and bring a balanced approach with factual information that is positive and solution based. We hope that this will help you make better choices to create the kind of future in which you wish to live.
We envision a world where all people empowered to create opportunity for themselves and others.
Our mission is to promote and advance causes of people who are disadvantaged through advocacy, community education, orientation and information, cultural performances, awareness raising and promotion. It is committed in promoting and advancing causes to ensure that the people’s voice is heard and responded to.
Purposes of advocacy for Oromia
Objectives of Advocacy for Oromia
- To promote advocacy at both personal and systemic levels, including participation in policy making and engaging in public education.
- To carry out research into issues affecting individuals and to co-operate with other recognised groups to achieve more effective solutions to these problems.
- To promote and support the education and training of advocates.
- To establish and expend funds both for the general conduct of the Association and to enable the Association to carry out its aims and objectives.
- To publish education materials which promote advocacy for Oromia.
- The accepting of any gift for any one or more of the objects or purposes of the Association;
- The borrowing and raising of money in a manner deemed fit by the committee to further the purposes of the Association.
- The doing of any lawful thing incidental or conducive to the attainment of the basic objects of the Association or of any of the objects and purposes specified in this rule.
In proudly advocating for Oromia, we ask all to look beyond the stereotype to see refugees and new arrivals in a different light – as individuals with rights, strengths and hopes of their own for the future.