Advocacy for Oromia’s Siinqee service refers is an intensive engagement of Oromo women in organized activity that contributes to the family, local and national community. The Siinqee* Service is the Information Service provided training and information to Oromo women. The service aims to increase access to training and information that promotes choice and empowerment.
You can talk to us about:
- Family life and relationships
- Health and wellbeing
- Cultural Post Natal Support
- Women’s groups and events
- Education, training and career paths
- or anything at all…
We can discuss options and choices relevant to your individual situation.
Talk to us…
- if you need help but don’t know where to start
- if you aren’t sure what services can assist you
- if you’ve tried everything you can think of
- if you just don’t know where to go next
*Siinqee is a special stick, which an Oromo woman who gets legally married will receive on her wedding day. It is a long stick symbolizing a socially sanctioned set of rights exercised by women.
For more information: https://advocacy4oromia.org/resources/wayyuu-siinqee-and-gora-among-the-arsi-and-guji-oromo/ Or